Tuesday, August 3, 2010

About My Blog

Hi Everyone! This blog I'm starting is the first one I've ever done, so hang with me if there are long periods of time where I don't write anything because I can't think of what to say. This blog is not going to be about just one thing like a story, or a journal about my day, but about many different things! It could include poems, pictures, short stories, or anything that I just feel like writing about.


If you are wondering about my title "Rose of the Desert", I did not just pick it randomly; it does mean something. The Rose is like when I have a brainstorm on something, or when I figure something out that I can write about it. The Rose is everything I put in this blog. The Desert is the long sections of time where I am siting somewhere trying to figure out what to say. Where my mind is blank and refuses to be creative. When I do get inspiration from somewhere and I have topic to write about, that is when the Rose comes out of the Desert.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this and love the rose of the desert imagery. That's so true for writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really awesome blog name, and the explanation is really creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great name! So true for anyone who is trying to create. It seems like lots of people get their ideas in the shower or when they are swimming laps . . . see how water helps those roses grow! :)
    Wishing you and Larissa a great beginning to the school year . . . Andrew, Linnea and Eric start this Tuesday.

    Aunt Inga

    ReplyDelete